This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Friday 22 April 2011

Bags of Promise

A gorgeous antique French fabric was used to make this variation on my gathered hand bag. I stitched two deep pleats instead of gathers to alter the look.
I lined the inside with a eiderdown paisley fabric.
This small-scale bag, made from a vintage chintz, would be ideal for holding a few Easter eggs as a gift for someone special.
Fastens with a vintage button and fabric loop.
Another hand bag, this time made from an early 1950's fabric.
Detail.
And to finish, using the same rare fabric as the first bag I showed, is this little treasure, ideal for carrying keys and a coin purse.
Wishing all who visit my blog, a very Happy Easter!
Niki x