This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Sunday 27 July 2014

Retro Fabric Style

Thought I'd use this fabulous turquoise floral retro fabric to create a cushion. I combined it with a 50's red rose design and a Sanderson print...One of my favourite colour combinations. 

The back.
It's such a lovely print for summer, I thought it would make a cheerful little hand bag ...
so that's what I made next!
Lovely vintage button to fasten...
and lined inside with a classic Sanderson fabric.

Another wonderful summery textile is this flowery print by Bevis, called 'Bunbury'...
which I used to make a pair of cushions, perfect for a deckchair or garden bench.


I made a shoulder bag too - Ideal for trips to the beach...

And a peg bag to cheer up wash day!
(In my shop as from this Thursday.)
Niki x

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous fabrics and I love the way they're displayed in the cot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam - a slight departure for me - but I love these fabrics for summer.
      The cot at the shop is an old 50's one made in Wales!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow what wonderful things
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie - you are very kind. Hope you are happy sewing too...(or knitting! ;-))
      Niki :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving your message...I shall try to reply to all, Niki x