This is my secondary blog and is designed as an archive of my handmade creations, past and present. I also add dates of fairs I'm attending, where I offer for sale my handmade pieces and also carefully sourced vintage goods. I hope you will enjoy taking a look, Niki x

Monday 18 August 2014

Having Fun with Fabrics...

Last week's handmade items started with some useful pieces -
A hard-wearing vintage floral linen was used to make a peg bag... 
And a pair of cushions.

Having been sensible, I then worked on some pretty little frivolous items, which made use of lots of my scrappy scraps of precious antique French Scheurer fabrics...
These pretty pin cushions also have vintage hand worked crochet lace pieces stitched onto the antique French linen base.




Then onto card making again...
More Beatrix inspiration..

Then a selection made from the Scheurers - I incorporated scraps of antique lace...


and used the original fabric sample labels to enhance others, keeping them simple to let the beautiful fabric designs speak for themselves. 


Wishing you a happy week,
Niki x

3 comments:

  1. Everything is just lovely as always, Niki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Willow - I appreciate your visits and comments :) N x

      Delete
  2. Absolutely lovely creations... Thanks for such great design inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving your message...I shall try to reply to all, Niki x